I am a twenty-six year old woman with three children. They all have different fathers. I recently broke away from an abusive relationship with my youngest child's father and started talking to one of my other children's father. At the time we started talking again, he was incarcerated for various outstanding warrants due to traffic violations. When he was locked up he would always say how much he loved me and he would never leave me alone at night time to be with his friends and all that (I have a problem sitting at home at night by myself all the time.) Anyways, he's been out for six weeks now and for the past two weeks he is staying out more and more in the evenings and says that I call him whining all the time about coming home and he's not going to put up with it. I already know that I have issues with trust and with abandonment because of previous situations that I've been in. I'm scared to death now. I don't want to be alone again. Every time I'm going through something bad with a man, I don't treat my children as well, yelling all the time or just staying in bed and not being able to get up. I also bought a new vehicle that i can't afford before he got out so that we would have something nice to drive. He says he is going to make the payment, but he still doesn't have any money. I was doing so good by myself last year (even though I was usually depressed and lonely), but as far as money and having all my bills paid, I was o.k. Now, I feel like I'm spiraling into a money hell. I don't know what to do. I'm afraid if I tell him to leave that I will be so miserable I won't be able to get up for work, and I won't be able to pay any bills. I just wish i could be happy without a man. I also feel like this is my last chance to be with one of my children's fathers. I've always wanted that, and if we break up I know that won't happen. I'm afraid I'll be alone for the rest of my life because I can't be with someone that doesn't love my kids and there aren't many men that would get into a relationship with a woman with three children with three different fathers. I don't know what to do. Please help me.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.