I have been married for just over 2 months. We have known each other and dated for years. When he asked me to marry him I was shocked and said yes because I thought I always wanted this. But during the engagement, the honeymoon, and now our marriage I feel unhappy and at times I don't want to be married to him. Sex also has been painful and not fun for me. We were both virgins when we married. I wonder if that may be a part of it, but don't know. I want your advice. Do you think that I don't love him, or do you think we've just been together so long that things are calm and not exciting anymore for me? Sometimes I think how much fun it would be to date and be single again. But I love my husband, even if I'm unsure if I'm IN-LOVE with him. I feel miserable all the time. Can you help?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.