Not long ago my husband got drunk and said he had a girlfriend -- one month after I found out I had Parkinson's. He's 36, I'm 51. Another time when he was drunk (he will say almost anything) he said he tried to make me happy so he could get toys -- he showed me a picture of a motorcycle he wanted. He had talked about getting guns. He said he'd rather get a boat. I can't swim and don't trust him enough to go out on a boat with him. He told me about this beautiful "remote" area. All he talks about is six to eight months from now. When he found out I had PD he wanted me to take out burial insurance. He has had friends whose parents mysteriosly died and they inherited a lot of money. He thinks that's cool. He is very loving toward me most of the time. Do I have a reason to be afraid?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.