Dear Anne, I am married to a great guy and have been for 8 yrs. I'm a mom with two little girls and have been on Paxil for 3 yrs(due to inability to deal w/ my situation)which is this, I am not nor ever have been in love w/ my husband. I married for security reasons. He loves me dearly and I've tried to bond w/ him through our kids but, it's just not there! Just when I had convinced myself that staying busy would help me not to lose it...I met someone out of the blue that I have developed feelings for (he doesn't know I'm married) & I want to pursue a relationship with him (unattached) Am I to leave an almost ideal marriage for something that I know would make me happy but may or may not last? And what about my children( ages 3 & 6), is this really fair to them? I am torn and I don't want to ruin my children's' lives. Please help!!!!
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.