I have told my gay partner, how important honesty is to me. I at times become overly enraged, when I find out he lied. Recently, I thought maybe he had a affair with his ex. He came closer to me and in a sincere voice told me no. I replied, I would rather know now than find out later. Once more he said no. I thought maybe I was just jealous and left it at that. Shortly after I find out that he did have sex with him in our bed. I was hurt about the affair but the lying to me while sounding sincere, has almost put me over the edge. I believe what hurt the most was the fact that he knows without a doubt, in my opinion, honesty is the foundation to a relationship. I want this relationship to work. I just draw a blank, try to find away to trust him again. What's your opinion.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.