I have been married for almost three years. I didn't really want to get married, but my, now wife, gave me the marry me or I'm leaving speech. I liked living together and the life I had. Now I think I made a terrible mistake. She is a great lady. We have many things in common. I know she loves me very much. I also know that I do not love her the same way in return. I dread having to go home when she is there. I have become a workaholic to avoid spending time with her. I am not sexually attracted to her. Every time I meet an attractive woman, I, being not the best looking guy in the world, hit on her and fail miserably. I probably would have cheated already, given the opportunity. I still care about her and don't want to hurt her. If I ask for a divorce it will crush her. Financially we don't make a lot of money, but were recently able to buy a Condo, that was financially above our heads. We make roughly the same salary and together we just make it. I would gladly give her the condo, but she could not handle it by herself. I am going into a downward, dizzying spiral. Now is not the best time to leave. No time is. Any advise?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.