Anne, I stumbled upon your site while looking for some kind of something to help me figure out what to do. I have been married for 23 years of which started on shaky grounds. 6 months into our marriage my husband rejected having sex in any form! He promised me things would change and I took him back. Now over the years, things have came to a head in our marriage, no sex, emotions of love, as well as being put down in front of friends, drifting apart (big time), not doing anything together as a husband and wife, things has really gotten out of control! I have major depression and have been in therapy for the last 3 years because of this, I feel that I am loosing big time! He sits in front of the TV almost 24 hours 7 days a week! Not wanting to admit things are on the rocks! I have asked him if he was satisfied with things the way they are, the response was, "Oh is there something wrong with our marriage?" He won't admit anything being wrong, and sometimes he says it is just me! This really is hurting the love that I once had for him, turning it into a monster is not what I want, he refuses to even go to council with me in any shape or form. Dead set against it. Being in your 40's life isn't over, I personally have life left within. What do you suggest I do? I am so desperate, I am thinking of leaving! HELP! I am so tired of trying things to get this back on track.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.