I am a 32 yr old Indian girl, married for the past 10 yrs. I have 2 kids. I have been frustrated with my husband's behaviour towards me from the beginning. I live my life almost like a single full time working mom. My job is demanding and I need to spend a lot of time at it. With all this, I work really hard at providing the infrastructure to the family. The demands never end and whatever I do seems to be not enough. Constantly, my husband is complaining and takes out all his anger and frustrations at me for nothing. His behaviour is very unpredictable. He keeps saying that I mean a lot to him and he loves me, and on the other hand, he continues to verbally torture me with all the complaining and finding fault. He expects people to listen to him and execute his orders. I am a very independent person and I pretty much take my own decisions and it is hard for me to nod my head to everything anyone says. I want to create a healthy atmosphere for the kids to grow up. So now-a-days, I have stopped arguing with him and I just keep quiet. But In this process, I am getting affected internally and I feel frustrated and angry and depressed within myself. I do not know how long I can continue in this way. My health is getting affected due to this. Are there any suggestions that you could give me to avoid conflict ??
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.