Sir,We are a Doctor couple,I am doing my orthopedics,She is doing her M.D gynacology,We have been married for a year,It was an arranged marriage she is a malaysian and i am an indian.My problem started after 3 months of marriage.She does not like me talking with any of my colleges or friends,If it is a male she says i always talk with with the person ignoring her completely if it is a female whether married or not,She says that she doughts me having an affair,If i try to explain she will never listen which irritates me the most,If i ignore her she keeps on pilng complaints against me.She expects me to listen to her which i feel childish and without any sense.She is not coming for councelling too.I am so vexed and helpless,I dont want to divorse her at the same time i want to be happy and contened with my life too.Help me out
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.