How long have you been together? 11 yrs
What is your age range? 30-35
Please share your story: I found out my wife was in an inappropiate relationship with a co-worker about 7 years ago. We talked through everything and my wife told me they were only friends. There were signs that there was more but I held onto the thought that she could never cheat on me.
It has bothered me terribly for all this time and would make me resentful of her even though I love her. We have had many arguements over these 7 years and I've said some pretty mean things in anger. Each time, my wife would let a little more of the story out.
This past fall she admitted that she had been in an emotional affair with the guy, but there was never any physical contact. She finally just told me a few days ago that they did have sex one time. I'm crushed, but am willing to make an attempt to work through this. The worst part is, I feel she is getting a pass for what she did.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Marriage Corner staff respond to your marriage problems questions from the perspective of training in clinical mental health and psychotherapy.
- The intent of Marriage Corner and Mentalhelp.net is to provide to provide general educational information to the readership of this website. Responses from staff and readers should not be understood as psychotherapy or specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by the Mentalhelp.net staff or to people making their submissions. No correspondence takes place.
- Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. MentalHelp.net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. This includes making any changes to your personal relationships. If you are taking medications or are in psychotherapy, do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication and do not stop psychotherapy without first consulting with your physician or psychotherapist.