How have you been together? My husband & I have been together for 13 yrs in Feb.
What is your age range? 34-39
Please share your story: My husband & I have been together for 13 yrs & have been married for 11 & 1/2. We have separated 8 months ago, due to several problems. I love my husband very much and didn't realize just how much until he was gone from my life. I knew I loved him, but now I realized how much and it may be too late.
We got together when he was 22 and I was 27. Everything happened. fast. we went from dating to, 4 moths later, living together. Two months after that I was pregnant, and 16 months after getting together to we were married.
We got along very well at the beginning. Then things slowly went south, which lead to where we are today, separated. On Easter Day last year I threw my husband out when he decided to call me a dime store whore and say I was messing with someone else after a weekend of me and my daughter visiting a friend. We got into a very bad argument and he once again decided to pull his hand gun out &ask me if I wanted him to end it all for everyone.
This wasn't the first time he did this. I was very upset and told him to leave. I don't think he would have done anything considering he never did before, but it once again made me scared. So we did separate. A couple months later I decided to try dating a friend. I quickly realized it was never going to work because I loved my husband too much. I stopped dating.
I have told my husband how I feel about him and have apologized many times. He had also started seeing someone else but split up with her during this 8 month period. However, now he's been talking to another woman and, I am afraid I may have lost him forever.
I told him I was willing to change where things needed to. we have had occasional sexual relations since right before Christmas but have decided to stop doing that in order to lessen the pain.
I'm not sure if he still loves me or not, but I do know I love him & want our family back together. This is also hurting our daughter very much.
Do you think this marriage can be reconciled? Please help..
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Marriage Corner staff respond to your marriage problems questions from the perspective of training in clinical mental health and psychotherapy.
- The intent of Marriage Corner and Mentalhelp.net is to provide to provide general educational information to the readership of this website. Responses from staff and readers should not be understood as psychotherapy or specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by the Mentalhelp.net staff or to people making their submissions. No correspondence takes place.
- Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. MentalHelp.net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. This includes making any changes to your personal relationships. If you are taking medications or are in psychotherapy, do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication and do not stop psychotherapy without first consulting with your physician or psychotherapist.