My boyfriend and I have been together for over half a year now, in a long distance relationship. We live it pretty well, considering the fact that we see each other only twice a month. The feelings are there, strong, stable and we are ok with the situation. He seems like the perfect boyfriend. I'd say he actually is... except for when it comes to money.
I know we are both students at university and neither of us two has his own job but I have to pay for my own flight tickets (doing baby sittings etc) and all the stuff that involves the relationship. My parents don't want to pay any of that.
Now that I'm going to visit him, he tells me that the residence he lives in makes the visitors pay 20€/night to stay there. He has not even suggested to pay half of it. I don't really know what to think or what to do. Is it just that he hasn't even thought about the possibility of us paying it together? I find it a very ugly token gesture...
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.