My fiancee has been divorced for 25 years and has been in and out of many relationships. All were ended by the men. She still is "friends" with most of these men and emails them occasionally. She always invites them to events and activities that we are going to attend. She has about 70 male friends and 15 female friends. One ex she talks with at least once every day on the phone. Invariably, we almost always run into one to several of these men. She drops our conversation and immediately gives them her full attention. She has admitted that her behavior is rude to me. She also likes talking to and meeting men when I am with her. Lately, when she talks to me, she doesn't pay attention and tunes me out by looking at some object or something else that is going on around us. When she does talk to me she usually looks off to my side and hardly ever in my eyes anymore. I have talked with 6 different women about this problem and everyone of them has advised me to break the engagement and leave her. Your opinion would be appreciated. Help
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.